Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 07-07-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 07-25-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
31 registered (bamafann, dfilpus, David G., divadog, eesmith60, 12 invisible), 46 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Monograms
For Kimmer
Some  of my cousins
Cousin's Day
Summer morning
Topic Options
#2129147 - 03/09/12 11:52 PM PA death records
ASSASSINBUG Offline

Loc: Land of the Misfit Toys
I thought that I would post this here also. PA deaths older that 50 years are now public record. Here is the link to how to get them and the indexes in PDF format: PA deaths
Here is also a link to a soundex converter: soundex converter

We get too soon old and too late smart.

Every day is a gift, that's why it's called the present.

#2129339 - 03/10/12 10:19 AM Re: PA death records [Re: ASSASSINBUG]
SnowInSummer
Unregistered

This was posted in the PA forum over a month ago. Please stop spamming every forum with this.

#2129374 - 03/10/12 10:47 AM Re: PA death records [Re: ]
ASSASSINBUG Offline

Not everyone reads the PA forum. People in the lounge certainly didn't. I am only trying to be helpful. Sheesh!

#2129387 - 03/10/12 11:00 AM Re: PA death records [Re: ]
Christina11 Offline

Loc: kstep
Originally Posted By: SnowInSummer
This was posted in the PA forum over a month ago. Please stop spamming every forum with this.

Seriously, I find this to be extremely rude. Assassinbug is correct - many folks only read specific forums. Some only read the Lounge, some only read Cemeteries and Genealogy. Info posted solely in a state thread doesn't reach a wide audience.

She posted this info in the Lounge the other day, and based on the reaction this was the first time folks had seen this info. Apparently none of these folks had seen the same info you posted on February 13 in the PA forum.

Posting something in two forums, with the intent of trying to be helpful, is not spamming.

- Ellen Swallow Richards

#2129429 - 03/10/12 12:09 PM Re: PA death records [Re: ASSASSINBUG]
Teena S Offline

Thank you for the info about Pennsylvania.

Family Search added more birth and marriage records on March 9th for Pennsylvania.

#2129503 - 03/10/12 01:53 PM Re: PA death records [Re: Christina11]
greyfox Online   confused

Loc: Western Washington
Originally Posted By: Christina11

Seriously, I find this to be extremely rude. Assassinbug is correct - many folks only read specific forums. Some only read the Lounge, some only read Cemeteries and Genealogy. Info posted solely in a state thread doesn't reach a wide audience.

She posted this info in the Lounge the other day, and based on the reaction this was the first time folks had seen this info. Apparently none of these folks had seen the same info you posted on February 13 in the PA forum.

Posting something in two forums, with the intent of trying to be helpful, is not spamming.

Amen!

#2129648 - 03/10/12 06:22 PM Re: PA death records [Re: greyfox]
SnowInSummer
Unregistered

Silly me for thinking that if one is looking for info about a specific subject, he or she would actually look in the place where information about that subject is kept. I mean, this entire hobby is about finding information... is it not?

#2130076 - 03/11/12 09:02 AM Re: PA death records [Re: ]
oscarwilde Offline

Loc: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Silly me for thinking that if one is looking for info about a specific subject, he or she would actually look in the place where information about that subject is kept. I mean, this entire hobby is about finding information... is it not?

yeah your statements told me volumes about you ! grin and I didn't have to search. shocked

#2130190 - 03/11/12 12:01 PM Re: PA death records [Re: ASSASSINBUG]
seekerJay Offline

Loc: Lower Hudson Valley
Thanks for the info, ASSASSINBUG. I appreciate the time you took. Genealogy is about data gathering. When the same information is available in several places, making it all the easier to find, we all win. smile

#2133594 - 03/14/12 04:06 PM Re: PA death records [Re: seekerJay]
ASSASSINBUG Offline

You are welcome. It's okay, I'm making up a list titled "Retal",(Retaliate). J/K.

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ