Curator Approval Queue
Updated 05-23-2015
Find A Grave Toolbox
Recently Shared Photos
Rain coming in last night
never saw this before
What a character!
Who's Online
4 registered (eesmith60, erlybyrd99, dolph72, 1 invisible), 9 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2840616 - 04/29/15 05:18 AM Cemetery Coverage
datamarine Offline

Loc: Australia
Hello

I am searching for the burial site of two individuals in England. I have found a couple of cemeteries I would think were the most likely, but the names I am searching for are not found in either of them. I realise this project is a work in progress, but can anyone please advise me - if a cemetery appears in the list, does that signify that it is completely indexed in the database? At the moment I can't be sure whether the names don't appear because they are not buried there, or whether the cemeteries are not fully indexed. I'd be grateful for your advice, and thank you in advance.

#2840740 - 04/29/15 12:50 PM Re: Cemetery Coverage [Re: datamarine]
Adrienne K-E Offline

Loc: Earth
If the cemetery appears in Findagrave it does not mean it has been fully indexed unless the cemetery notes indicate that that is the case. This could only possibly happen in old cemeteries that are no longer accepting burials - the vast majority are not fully indexed yet.

#2842946 - 05/04/15 11:05 PM Re: Cemetery Coverage [Re: Adrienne K-E]
datamarine Offline

Loc: Australia
Thank you very much for the information, Adrienne. Much appreciated! Guess I must keep trying

Moderator:  AJ, Jim, Mark, Russ