Find A Grave Links
Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 12-20-2014
Admin Approval Queue
Updated 12-17-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Recently Shared Photos
Happy Hanukkah
Glad to see ObamaCare is working to lower prices..
help deciphering name
Who's Online
22 registered (Bill Pfrengle, heynessa, 6 Degrees, Dee7, Keri, bethhoo, BillTWhitis, 9 invisible), 38 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
#2772236 - 11/25/14 05:29 AM Adding a town to an English county
Lancashire Lass Offline

Loc: Essex, England
Hi - I want to add a cemetery but am not getting very far because the town I want is not listed under the county. How do I go about getting it added? Thanks

#2772609 - 11/25/14 07:14 PM Re: Adding a town to an English county [Re: Lancashire Lass]
Daff Offline

Loc: Lincoln UK
either added it to the nearest town mentioned then ask in the Cemetery Fix thread for it to be corrected
or send a message to Mark and ask him to add the town first

I've usually used the first method wink

#2778323 - 12/08/14 10:14 AM Re: Adding a town to an English county [Re: Daff]
Chris Doran Offline

First make sure you are looking at the right county, i.e. where it is NOW, not where it was when your ancestor was buried there. This is particularly the case on the outskirts of what is now Greater London, formerly Kent, Surrey, ... When you add a birth or death location (maybe also when creating a cemetery), there is an option to do a search on the town name; try that.

In my, albeit limited, experience, UK towns have been pretty comprehensively added to the database, but not always where you first look.

Moderator:  AJ, Jim, Mark, Russ