Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 07-07-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 07-25-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
22 registered (GJK, JaneGilman, douglas60, Dustin_Oliver, eesmith60, dwc3257, dahliawilde, 7 invisible), 43 Guests and 67 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Cousin's Day
Summer morning
Memorial Stone
Surname?
Not turkeys!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2604499 - 01/23/14 01:14 PM Pinterest question safe mode?
bebe1965 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I get an e-mail saying my account is in safe mode and need to reset password. On computer it says there has been strange activity on my account. I know I did not do anything wrong cause I have not done anything with the account since I signed up. Any ideas what this is about? Thank you.

#2604545 - 01/23/14 01:51 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: bebe1965]
oscarwilde Offline

Loc: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
phishing scheme maybe.

I always go directly to any site- never from a link in an email.

#2604550 - 01/23/14 01:53 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: oscarwilde]
camerabug Offline

Loc: Right side of reality
You were phished and I hope you escaped the hook and shut your computer down before anything could happen. eek

I think there is a special place in hell for phishers like that! mad

#2604559 - 01/23/14 02:05 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: camerabug]
bebe1965 Offline

I have not reset any password and only read e-mail from phone and do not click on anything in the e-mail.

This is what I see on the site.

#2604562 - 01/23/14 02:10 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: bebe1965]
camerabug Offline

Originally Posted By: bebe1965
I have not reset any password and only read e-mail from phone and do not click on anything in the e-mail.

DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT PUSH ANYTHING! Exit the browser, run a security scan. THen go to Pintrest the pld fashioned way - not via any links - and change your password just to be safe.

That IS a phishing scam.

#2604568 - 01/23/14 02:15 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: camerabug]
Scot Stout Offline

Loc: State of Misery
i've never been on pinterest. you can't learn about it or even browse without joining, so...

#2604577 - 01/23/14 02:26 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: camerabug]
bebe1965 Offline

Originally Posted By: camerabug

DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT PUSH ANYTHING! Exit the browser, run a security scan. THen go to Pintrest the pld fashioned way - not via any links - and change your password just to be safe.

That IS a phishing scam.

The pic shows trying to go there the old fashion way. I even tried 3 times and still get the same thing.

#2604580 - 01/23/14 02:27 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: Scot Stout]
aspring Offline

Loc: Unknown
Scot- It's like scrapbooking. Except you don't have to do all that cutting. I was hesitant about joining Pintrest at first because I didn't want to sign in with Facebook. Then a very kind person here talked me through how to sign in with my e-mail and got me addicted LOL

I have ideas for knitting, crocheting, things I want to do with Bear, homeschool/educational ideas, etc.

Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. ~Josh Billings

And then Satan said "Put the alphabet in math."

#2604593 - 01/23/14 02:38 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: bebe1965]
camerabug Offline

Originally Posted By: camerabug

That IS a phishing scam.

The pic shows trying to go there the old fashion way. I even tried 3 times and still get the same thing.

I understand you are doing it from your phone. Exit it and go to it on your computer. My friend was phished this way - thru her phone - and it was a NIGHTMARE!

#2604595 - 01/23/14 02:43 PM Re: Pinterest question safe mode? [Re: aspring]
JaneGilman Online   content

Loc: San Diego County, CA
I like it a lot, too. You do with it what you like ... collect witty sayings or pictures of cats or pictures of your favorite cars or ideas on things to make from wooden pallets or gardening ideas and how-tos or DIY cleaning solutions or recipes (for food or drinks) or how to crochet or knit or pictures of places you want to travel or beautiful or fascinating buildings. You define it for yourself, you can "pin" things from elsewhere on the site or anywhere on the internet or upload your own photographs.

I avoided signing up through Facebook, as well, although I don't remember exactly how I did that. I can spend hours on there in one week ... and then not go there for weeks at a time. It can be very inspirational and/or very soothing to use Pinterest, I think. I used to clip things from magazines and newspapers all the time, and then ended up in envelopes and boxes and file folders. Now they all end up on Pinterest, and I don't have to worry about the clutter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ