Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 07-07-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 07-25-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
5 registered (Lost_Wages, JaneGilman, 3 invisible), 36 Guests and 68 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Monograms
For Kimmer
Some  of my cousins
Cousin's Day
Summer morning
Topic Options
#2470546 - 07/09/13 07:36 PM "Davis" Family Cemetery, Fayetteville, NC
mae99362 Offline

Loc: Kings Bay Submarine Base
Does anyone know anything about the Davis Cemetery in Fayetteville, NC?
MIL insists her grandfather Erasmus (Raz) Davis is buried there, but I cant find anything online, except that the cemetery may/maynot have been moved to make room for Walmart, or that it may/maynot have been an entirely different cemetery under a different name. She said its called Greys Creek Cemetery (no not Grays Creek Baptist Cemetery).
She has a lot of "I thinks", and "Maybes" and... "Pretty sure", but doesn't even remember directions on how to get there. The rest of her family is buried elsewhere and I would like to get confirmation of this cemetery so I can go about getting his burial info for her.

Does anyone in the area know about this cemetery?

#2470564 - 07/09/13 07:57 PM Re: "Davis" Family Cemetery, Fayetteville, NC [Re: mae99362]
MaryAndrea Offline

Loc: New England
If you haven't already, you might do better posting this on the North Carolina Find A Grave forum.

http://www.findagraveforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=35&page=1

Good luck! :-)

#2470934 - 07/10/13 10:08 AM Re: "Davis" Family Cemetery, Fayetteville, NC [Re: MaryAndrea]
lindaws Offline

Loc: Wilson County, NC-- USA
check this site, Greys Creek is actually in Hope Mills a
small community just outside of Fayetteville

http://ncgenweb.us/cumberland/cemeteries.htm

my son

#2470940 - 07/10/13 10:18 AM Re: "Davis" Family Cemetery, Fayetteville, NC [Re: lindaws]
lindaws Offline

Loc: Wilson County, NC-- USA
there is a Davis-McLean Cemetery under the Grey's Creek Township
about halfway down the page

I think this might be the one you're looking, there's a note on the bottom of page about it being moved for a wal-mart

Edited by lindaws (07/10/13 10:24 AM)
Edit Reason: added info

my son

#2470944 - 07/10/13 10:29 AM Re: "Davis" Family Cemetery, Fayetteville, NC [Re: lindaws]
mae99362 Offline

Loc: Kings Bay Submarine Base
Yeah, I was thinking that might be it, I asked her about it and she says its called Grey's Creek. Probably wont be able to figure out what happened to her grandfather without actually going there and having a look myself. Though since they live in the area it would be tons easier for them to make a day of it and look.
I looked amongst records for both of those, the first site and all the entries in Davis-Mclean and he's not listed anywhere. Though certainly that doesn't necessarily mean he's not there...

#2471683 - 07/11/13 03:00 PM Re: "Davis" Family Cemetery, Fayetteville, NC [Re: mae99362]
ncsearcher Offline

Loc: NC
Can you post his birth and death dateS? Someone might be able to find an obituary for him.

#2485305 - 07/30/13 09:03 PM Re: "Davis" Family Cemetery, Fayetteville, NC [Re: mae99362]
Jinxed1994 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Ras Lee Davis is buried in Grays Creek, NC.
It is in the Davis Family Cemetery.

Send me a message and I will get you the information.

Ras is my great-grandfather.

Edited by Jinxed1994 (07/30/13 09:04 PM)

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ