Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-18-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
18 registered (Oly, Lost_Wages, Danny Campbell, memareich, GerbLady, Judy H, DESchuett, 6 invisible), 48 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Easter Orbs
Curious sign
Interesting / unusual monument
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2130819 - 03/11/12 11:15 PM Alexander Patton
BrentNimmo Offline

Loc: Columbus Ohio
Alexandar Patton most likely not meet current famous status. He might have qualified as "Dark Ages" famous... He was the Justice of the Peace in Montgomery Township, head of the Columbus Fire Dept, and then 16th Mayor of Columbus, Ohio. A same name contributor has a photo request out for him. The bare bones memorial is held by a banned or timed out contributor, so a Suggest A Correction won't work. I left a message with same name photo requesting contributor suggesting she request ownership. I have not been back to forums enough, and not sure proper place to post this...Next time I get to Green Lawn, I will try to get a photo. He and his wife are in Section W, lot 78. Please forgive me if this is wrong thread....
Thanks

#2131227 - 03/12/12 02:08 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: BrentNimmo]
KenG Offline

Loc: Cowlumbus, OH
I don't know. I recently had two mayors of Cologne accepted for famous status. Might be worth a try, espcially if he did something important. Of course most folks who aren't from here think that Columbus itself is only of regional interest, except on fall Saturdays, perhaps.

#2131245 - 03/12/12 02:39 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: KenG]
JulieSullivan Offline

Loc: Mongolville
Since he is not rated famous, one of two things would have to happen to change his present status:

1. If no attempt to rate him famous is going to be made, then the other member simply needs to write Edit and give a link to this memorial and her profile page and ask for a transfer.

2. If someone (you, her, someone else) is going to write a bio to submit to the Famous Bio thread, then it is pointless to transfer as the transferee's name will be removed if and when it is made famous. If this is the case, someone needs to write and submit a famous-worthy bio.

#2131565 - 03/12/12 08:01 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: JulieSullivan]
BrentNimmo Offline

At least they have grave photo now..

#2136821 - 03/19/12 11:57 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: BrentNimmo]
Bobbnoxious Offline

Adminly Type

Loc: Adminland
Originally Posted By: BrentNimmo
Alexandar Patton most likely not meet current famous status. He might have qualified as "Dark Ages" famous... He was the Justice of the Peace in Montgomery Township, head of the Columbus Fire Dept, and then 16th Mayor of Columbus, Ohio. A same name contributor has a photo request out for him. The bare bones memorial is held by a banned or timed out contributor, so a Suggest A Correction won't work. I left a message with same name photo requesting contributor suggesting she request ownership. I have not been back to forums enough, and not sure proper place to post this...Next time I get to Green Lawn, I will try to get a photo. He and his wife are in Section W, lot 78. Please forgive me if this is wrong thread....
Thanks

The mayors of the 25 largest US cities (population wise) are considered famous. Columbus ranks No. 15, so Patton qualifies.

#2137368 - 03/20/12 06:30 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: Bobbnoxious]
BrentNimmo Offline

Ack-now I have to do some research and learn how to write....

#2137541 - 03/20/12 10:04 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: BrentNimmo]
DaveDavisson Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Nice catch and nice pic, Brent!

#2137580 - 03/20/12 10:39 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: DaveDavisson]
JulieSullivan Offline

I tried to look up stuff about the man so I could offer you a bio, Brent, but I could not find anything about him except his place of birth, that he served 1845 & 1847 - 1849 and his plot information at the cemetery.

I looked through 6 pages of Google results and decided that it will probably take a trip to a Columbus library to find anything on him. He's obscure on the internet!

#2137635 - 03/20/12 11:25 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: JulieSullivan]
JulieSullivan Offline

I found some information. I'll try to write a very nice bio for him on Wednesday.

#2138138 - 03/21/12 06:48 PM Re: Alexander Patton [Re: JulieSullivan]
BrentNimmo Offline

Thanks!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ