Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 07-07-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 07-30-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
11 registered (KenG, Dennis Johnson, ObitWriter, divadog, mtt, 5 invisible), 30 Guests and 25 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Monograms
For Kimmer
Some  of my cousins
Cousin's Day
Summer morning
Topic Options
#2122626 - 03/02/12 07:53 PM Wandsworth Cemetary, London PHOTO REQUEST..
mrbigglesworth Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Boy..ive been searching forever to find where my gran is buried...
Its a long rotten story...
Im in Canada..parents moved after ww2 to Canada from UK.
I never met my Gran, but I wrote her as a child. My relatives are not so forth coming with info...
I listened, remembered, kept looking...good ol internet, records coming together...bingo found Gran! I had no death date, but enough info that Wandsworth council helped me. Then another lucky break with department that over sees cemetarys...
Its going to take lots of saving to get to London again..im not so rich, but i will.

MY QUESTION NOW:

Is there anyone that vists Wandsworth cemetery and takes grave photos for people...because we live far away? I have grave number and row or whatever...my Grandad is there too same grave apparently...

Ellen Peacock is Gran grave 559 block 49

This means tons to me....Thanks to anyone that can help.

Edited by mrbigglesworth (03/02/12 07:59 PM)
Edit Reason: title change

#2135776 - 03/18/12 05:45 PM Re: Wandsworth Cemetary, London PHOTO REQUEST.. [Re: mrbigglesworth]
Chris Doran Offline

I'm afraid that all that is there is a little 6-inch cube plinth to contain a vase of flowers just inscribed William Ewart Peacock -- no mention of Ellen, no dates, and no sign that there was ever a headstone or kerbs. I have added entries for both of them and a photo of the plinth for William. Send me a PM with your e-mail address if you want a higher resolution photo and/or more of the general area, if you have further information such as dates I can add, of if you would like me to transfer management of the entries to you.

#2144600 - 03/30/12 11:42 PM Re: Wandsworth Cemetary, London PHOTO REQUEST.. [Re: Chris Doran]
mrbigglesworth Offline

I wrote you privately here on site, but a huge THANK YOU right here as well!!!
I meant to tell you as well, i have photos i can some how shrink to add if thats possible?

#2154304 - 04/13/12 02:08 PM Re: Wandsworth Cemetary, London PHOTO REQUEST.. [Re: mrbigglesworth]
mrbigglesworth Offline

of my grandparents i mean..

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ