Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-23-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
3 registered (dreierse, TAC 1567, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Easter Orbs
Curious sign
Interesting / unusual monument
Topic Options
#2114778 - 02/22/12 08:42 AM Photo volunteers for Wunders Cemetery, Chicago ?
sindolf Offline

Loc: UK
Any idea why nobody takes up request for photos ?
There are now about 90 requests outstanding, some dating back to 2006. I have entered 4 requests myself but never had any replies, yet there should be lots of volunteers in the Chicago area.
Is there a problem with the system ?

#2114962 - 02/22/12 01:18 PM Re: Photo volunteers for Wunders Cemetery, Chicago ? [Re: sindolf]
StrayKitten Offline

Loc: Living in a state of denial
If I'm not mistaken, I think this cemetery is kept locked. I seem to remember reading something about that a while ago. Maybe it is just a matter of contacting someone to open the gates or being there at a certain time. I saw the sign stating the cemetery hours in the cemetery description section of Find A Grave, but I think that may be an old sign. The neighborhood isn't as safe as it used to be and they may have had trouble. I've passed by it on numerous occasions, and it looks really interesting. It is adjacent to Jewish Graceland Cemetery which unfortunately has not been cared for in a very long time. Very overgrown and neglected. These two cemeteries are across the street from Graceland Cemetery, one of the most beautiful cemeteries in the city of Chicago. I don't know why Jewish Graceland isn't taken care of.

#2118966 - 02/27/12 03:15 PM Re: Photo volunteers for Wunders Cemetery, Chicago ? [Re: StrayKitten]
laurieD Offline

Loc: Illinois
The gates of Wunders are not kept locked. A relative of mine was just there last week.

#2136104 - 03/19/12 05:56 AM Re: Photo volunteers for Wunders Cemetery, Chicago ? [Re: laurieD]
Grave Boy Offline

The cemetery is open - I was there Saturday. The office is only open until Noon on Monday-Friday. However, if you call, the lady in the office is very nice and will look up locations for you. If you post a grave location with the photo request you are more likely to get it filled.

#2154468 - 04/13/12 05:52 PM Re: Photo volunteers for Wunders Cemetery, Chicago ? [Re: sindolf]
JGuetz Offline

Loc: Sandy, UT
You need to include the section and lot numbers when you build a memorial for someone. I just fulfilled a request on April 9th from Wunders. There was only 1 listing with a section and lot number so I only did one. Why would someone call the cemetery for that info when you can do it? The girl that works there is Val. She works 9 - 12 CST Mon thru Fri. She can be reached at 773-525-4038. Happy grave hunting!!!

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ