Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-16-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
22 registered (DWarbucks, eesmith60, duke220, 12 invisible), 48 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
No Burying without Permission
Headstone design
Cenotaph
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2112689 - 02/19/12 07:11 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BeardedWierdo]
BeardedWierdo Offline

Gliding monkeys!

Loc: Delaware County, PA
I found Daniel's obit from 1962.

Quote:
DANIEL J. ROSETTI, 47, of 990 MacDade Blvd., Yeadon, died of a heart attack Monday in West Jersey Hospital, Camden, N.J.

Mr. Rosetti was owner of the Parkway Woodworking Co. of Fernwood. He was a member of the Galileo Club of Yeadon and the Union of Abbruzzi of Philadelphia.

He is survived by his widow, the former Alice Dicenso; a daughter, Sister Alice Daniel, S.N.D.; Washington, D.C.; a son, Daniel at home; his father, Enrico of Philadelphia; two brothers, Pat of Alexandria, Va., and Sam of Pensaukcn, N.J. and four sisters, Mrs. Angelo DiVito and Mrs. George Deal both of Philadelphia; Mrs. John Ranieri of Runnemede, .N.J., and Mrs. Thomas Avallone of Cherrydale, N.J.

#2116934 - 02/24/12 07:05 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BeardedWierdo]
DD0329 Offline

Loc: Southern Chester County, PA
Hi Beverly,

Try this site for obituaries: http://delawarecolib.newspaperarchive.com/AdvanceSearch.aspx

This is the free search engine for the Chester Times/Daily Times for any article published from 1876 through 1997. Admittedly some years are missing and some are not complete (they don't contain every page from every issue in the year) but I've had more luck with this site than any other in finding family information from Delaware County in that time frame.

You may have to get a little bit creative in your search, sometimes using the "exact phrase" search feature eliminates results that you would expect to find so if that doesn't work you should try the "with all of the words" search.

Good luck!

#2117534 - 02/25/12 05:32 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: DD0329]
DonnaMH Offline

Loc: Gettysburg, PA
Last year I called the office about family buried there. I had several names that I knew were there and others that I wasn't sure about. They told me the same thing, that they could only look up 2 if I walked in. But, they did tell me if I mailed/FAXed them names and dates (if I had them) they would look up when they had time. I got a list of plot info from them a couple of weeks later. I also called the Catholic Cemetery Office about other cemeteries - messages at Old Cathedral said there was a $15 charge each to look up. I had those names and that office told me to send to them. Again, a couple of weeks later I got a list of plot info.
It's worth a try.

#2125951 - 03/06/12 05:15 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: DonnaMH]
Lar Offline

Another way to do this is to make requests for two family members, and I'd try for two you would not expect to be buried together. When you request the plot location, give the full name, at least the month and year of death or burial, and request the interment listing for that plot. They will do this.

Then, send a second request for two more.

Holy Cross does have a notice that they will charge; however, I've never been charged. I visited once or twice a month for close to a year, requesting two at a time, and they were helpful and di dnot charge.

Old Cathedral will charge. The CCO will help, but when it comes to Holy Cross, the above method does work. Also, you may find dates now by using the newly released death records on the PA Dept of Health site. It's an index, but the date of death is there as well as place of death, so it may help you to gather more information.

#2150127 - 04/07/12 06:29 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: Lar]
TMac Offline

Loc: Hanging with the bats
I was in Holy Cross today, they were very busy, but gave me the plot info quickly. They also told me there was no marker on the plot. I went to the location anyway, just to see it, and two rows away saw the surname I was looking for, another member of the same family, who I had NO idea was there, so it was worth the trip. Staff members in trucks roamed around helping the lost find what they were looking for.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ