Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-11-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
7 registered (jenimom, kdkb, SurrealImage, englishanne, Danny Campbell, 2 invisible), 54 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
No Burying without Permission
Headstone design
Cenotaph
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2107150 - 02/13/12 01:43 PM Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA
BValco Offline

Loc: Annapolis MD
Does anyone know anything about the Holy Cross Cemetery in Yeardon, Delaware, PA? I want to know which family members of are buried there so I can enter them on Find A Grave. I know of a few, but there are at least 25--most of which I don't know.

I called the cemetery and was told that they can give me locations for two people. Can't give me a list. I've googled for a list of burials, but none of the lists (all are partial) have members of the family I'm looking for. Does anyone know of a site with a complete census of the burials? Another workaround?

I know one of the plots is a family plot, so I've asked for a pic of a family member who is buried there and requested photo of nearby family. I'm hoping that will provide some other names.

Many thanks for any help you can give!

#2107159 - 02/13/12 01:48 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BValco]
BarbaraLL Offline

Loc: New York
Did you try
http://www.interment.net/data/us/pa/delaware/holycross/index.htm

they seem to have an extensive list with plot information

#2107208 - 02/13/12 02:40 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BarbaraLL]
BValco Offline

Yes, I did.

#2107659 - 02/13/12 11:08 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BValco]
Linda B 54 Offline

Loc: Good Old USA
Let's start with what you know. How about 1 or 2 names and dates of birth or death you might already know. I have access to old newspapers from the 1860's through 1922 & would be happy to look up some of the family if they fall into this time frame. I also know this cemetery well, most of my family are there too.

#2107701 - 02/13/12 11:45 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: Linda B 54]
BValco Offline

Originally Posted By: Linda B 54
Let's start with what you know. How about 1 or 2 names and dates of birth or death you might already know. I have access to old newspapers from the 1860's through 1922 & would be happy to look up some of the family if they fall into this time frame. I also know this cemetery well, most of my family are there too.

Thank you so much for your offer, but Enrico Rosetti was the immigrant and his descendants all died after 1922. I sure wish I could take advantage of this!

#2107995 - 02/14/12 11:20 AM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BValco]
Hags Offline

If you can go to the cemetery in person they will give you the listing of everyone in a plot but they will only give you two plots at a time.

#2108907 - 02/15/12 09:05 AM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: Hags]
BValco Offline

Originally Posted By: Hags
If you can go to the cemetery in person . . .

That's not an option, I'm afraid. I love out of state.

Edited by BValco (02/15/12 09:05 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#2110094 - 02/16/12 02:17 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BValco]
Hags Offline

Originally Posted By: BValco
Originally Posted By: Hags
If you can go to the cemetery in person . . .

That's not an option, I'm afraid. I love out of state.

Ok, whistle but where do you live? smile

Same here but I do get back a few times a year, always have a couple for the girls at the office.

Edited by Hags (02/16/12 02:17 PM)

#2112680 - 02/19/12 06:54 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: Hags]
BeardedWierdo Offline

Gliding monkeys!

Loc: Delaware County, PA
I'm not far from Yeadon. But... whether I get there?

I found an article on Rosalie's final vows.
Quote:
YEADON NUN TAKES FINAL VOWS TODAY

YEADON — Rosalie Rosetti, daughter of Mrs. Alice Rosetti and the late Daniel Rosetti of 990 MacDade Blvd., will make her final vows today in the Order of the Sisters of Notre Dame, at the mother house in Ilchester, Md.

Her religious name will be Sister Alice Daniel.

A mass of thanksgiving will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Sunday in St. Louis Catholic Church in honor of Sister Daniel's perpetual vow day. After the mass, she will greet relatives, friends and neighbors in the school hall.

Sr. Alice Daniel was graduated from West Philadelphia Catholic Girls High School in 1956, and from Trinity College, Washington, D.C., in 1961.

She will teach at Notre Dame High School, Moylan.

Edited by BeardedWierdo (02/19/12 06:55 PM)

#2112683 - 02/19/12 07:03 PM Re: Help needed--Holy Cross Cem, Yeardon, Delaware, PA [Re: BeardedWierdo]
Linda B 54 Offline

Loc: Good Old USA
Notre Dame High School in Moylan was closed more that 15 years ago maybe even longer. Anyone out there know what they are using the buildings for now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ