Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-18-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
24 registered (dfilpus, BASC, FranzB, DTWer, 6 Degrees, Geniegal, 7 invisible), 42 Guests and 26 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
No Burying without Permission
Headstone design
Cenotaph
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2098173 - 02/03/12 10:39 PM Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates
CemeteryWlkr Offline

Loc: southern Minnesota
The names of those buried in Fort Snelling National Cemetery have been updated and proofed through the end of 2010. Now that 2011 is over, I have started updating the 2011 names. If you are looking for project for whats left of winter, you are welcome to help.

List of burials at Fort Snelling National Cemetery for year 2011
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GScid=82339&GSdy=2011&GSdyrel=in

Nationwide Gravesite Locator
http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/j2ee/servlet/NGL_v1

To get list of names from the Nationwide Gravesite Locator that is on the Department of Veteran Affairs web site.....

Select cemetery ["Ft Snelling National Cemetery, MN"] in the dropdown box to the right of "Cemetery:"

By where it asks for last name, change "exact match" to "begins with" and enter first letter of last name in box that is slightly to the right.

Where is asks for "date of death", enter just the year (2011).

Click "Go"

This should get you an alphabetical listing of the burials of persons whose last names starts with the letter you put in who died in the year you entered.

Please check whether name is already on Find A Grave before submitting name.

To get list of 2011 burials already on Find a Grave, use the link above for year 2011 burials that I have given.

If you decide to help, please post here what letters you are starting to work on and post again when you have completed the letter/s you said you would work on.

If something comes up that you can't complete what you said you would do, let us know that too.

Letters A, B, C, D, G, and X already are completed.

#2098174 - 02/03/12 10:39 PM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: CemeteryWlkr]
CemeteryWlkr Offline

I will be working on letter E next.

#2168265 - 04/30/12 09:41 PM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: CemeteryWlkr]
T Burt Offline

Loc: Grant County, Minnesota
Y and Z are done for 2011
Working on W now.

#2193163 - 05/31/12 11:35 PM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: T Burt]
CemeteryWlkr Offline

E2011 is done

names updated A B C D E G X Y Z
still to do f h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w

#2194223 - 06/02/12 08:48 AM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: CemeteryWlkr]
T Burt Offline

W 2011 is now done

#2195886 - 06/04/12 12:13 PM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: T Burt]
CemeteryWlkr Offline

names updated A B C D E G W X Y Z
still to do f h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v

Edited by CemeteryWlkr (06/04/12 12:14 PM)

#2196858 - 06/05/12 02:29 PM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: CemeteryWlkr]
T Burt Offline

and I just finished also - u and v for 2011.
We're getting there!

#2197248 - 06/05/12 10:29 PM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: T Burt]
CemeteryWlkr Offline

names updated A B C D E G U V W X Y Z
still to do f h i j k l m n o p q r s t

#2227196 - 07/12/12 08:01 PM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: CemeteryWlkr]
CemeteryWlkr Offline

names updated A B C D E G H I U V W X Y Z
still to do f j k l m n o p q r s t

#2231954 - 07/19/12 12:00 AM Re: Fort Snelling National Cemetery updates [Re: CemeteryWlkr]
CemeteryWlkr Offline

names updated A B C D E G H I J K L U V W X Y Z
still to do f m n o p q r s t

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ