Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-11-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
5 registered (chip5610, Lost_Wages, Del, Geniegal, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
No Burying without Permission
Headstone design
Cenotaph
Topic Options
#2061655 - 12/22/11 08:10 AM Kent/Feistner burial
Feistey Offline

Loc: MO
All,

I am not sure whether to post this under "surnames" or the Washington DC forum, so will post it under both. I am looking for information on the death of Zolita Feistner Kent. I post this under both names since she sometimes used Zolita Feistner, Zolita F. Kent, or just Zolita Kent.

Ms. Zolita Feistner was born in 1908 in Nebraska. She moved to Washington DC around 1930. She worked for the state department and started using the name Zolita Kent in about 1933. I assume she married, but can find no record of that.

In 1993 she lived on Kalorama Rd NW, Washington, DC.

There is no social security death index recording, since as a federal employee, she likely was under the federal retirement system.

I am looking for information on her passing and burial. Does the Washington Post/Washington Times keep some type of an archive for this? Any help in locating information on her passing and/or burial would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

#2067637 - 12/30/11 09:45 AM Re: Kent/Feistner burial [Re: Feistey]
Barbara168 Offline

Hi, I looked on ancestry.com but didn't find an obit there or death info in their listed newspapers. Looks like her parents were Leonard Feistner and Lena Brauer.

Didn't find her on familysearch.org or rootsweb.

On Google I found her listed in various State Dept docs as Zolita M. Feistner and Zolita M. Kent - perhaps her middle initial might help you in your searches.

Barb

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ