Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-16-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
34 registered (bethhoo, divadog, DoubleStop, eesmith60, DebbieGibbons, #14, 15 invisible), 46 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
No Burying without Permission
Headstone design
Cenotaph
Topic Options
#2054004 - 12/12/11 01:47 AM Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery
Helen@Cville Offline

Loc: around and about
The entrance sign at a local cemetery has been taken down and a new nicer sign as replaced it. How do I get the old sign removed from the site (and all the memorials in the cemetery) and replaced with a picture of the new sign.

I know I can upload the new sign, but how do I tell Admin. to remove the old one from the site and memorials?

#2054006 - 12/12/11 02:10 AM Re: Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery [Re: Helen@Cville]
svh77 Offline

Loc: CA & MO
Put something in the caption of the photo about it being the new sign. I just did that with one of my local cemeteries...it was about the 3rd new sign in as many years.

#2054075 - 12/12/11 07:57 AM Re: Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery [Re: svh77]
dfilpus Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, NC
Send an email to photo at Find A Grave, explaining the problem with a link to the cemetery.

#2055240 - 12/13/11 12:53 PM Re: Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery [Re: dfilpus]
coan_net Offline

Loc: Central Illinois (Danville are...
Go to the main cemetery page & upload picture. I usually include in the caption when the picture was taken - and will leave a little note like "Picture taken November 2011 - new sign installed at cemetery within the last couple of months, replacing the old one"

Usually the admins will remove the older picture. SOMETIMES the older picture/sign is very interesting & I kind of wish they would keep them up for the cemetery - so we can see what it use to look like.... but I know this site isn't for archiving pictures, but something I work on for my own project.

HECK - I've included GPS cords in the picture notes & other information for admins. Usually I would put something like ***** NOTE TO ADMINS - The GPS cords to this cemetery is xxxx"

95% of the time it gets added to the cemetery when they approve the picture. A lot easier for me then trying to find the correct thread to post it in... if it's unlocked and allowed & such.

#2055789 - 12/13/11 11:54 PM Re: Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery [Re: coan_net]
Helen@Cville Offline

Thanks everyone, I will handle this way. The new sign is the same as the old wooden one that just rotted away, it is a little bigger.

#2065278 - 12/26/11 11:45 PM Re: Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery [Re: Helen@Cville]
moiracurran Offline

Loc: Riggs Pl NW Washington, DC
Can you post a snap for the new sign at cemetery if possible? Thanks in advance.

#2065322 - 12/27/11 01:55 AM Re: Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery [Re: moiracurran]
Helen@Cville Offline

Yes, plan to do that as soon as the holiday excitement settles.
Happy New Year everyone.

#2163300 - 04/24/12 07:08 AM Re: Need to replace the picture of sign at cemetery [Re: Helen@Cville]
jackww Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Did you succeed to replace it,and how does it look like now?

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, RDigati, Russ