Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-18-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
6 registered (GerbLady, LKat, beardedmustafa, mydarncat, KathyB, erlybyrd99), 25 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Easter Orbs
Curious sign
Interesting / unusual monument
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#2066983 - 12/29/11 10:20 AM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: BeardedWierdo]
KN16 Offline

Loc: Illinois
The proof is nothing more than academics. Meanwhile arguing the point gives support to people who are using these harmful techniques.

#2067010 - 12/29/11 10:40 AM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: BeardedWierdo]
chetsgirl Offline

Loc: Here
Quote:
Why are rude people rude? Because it works for them (or, as Dr. Feel might say, they get a reward for their behavior).

BINGO!

#2067228 - 12/29/11 04:42 PM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: KN16]
BeardedWierdo Offline

Gliding monkeys!

Loc: Delaware County, PA
Originally Posted By: KN16
The proof is nothing more than academics. Meanwhile arguing the point gives support to people who are using these harmful techniques.
What you are saying is true, but there are those who still believe that if we haven't got concrete proof (which science rarely provides - only evidence) we've got nothing at all.

#2067253 - 12/29/11 05:09 PM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: BeardedWierdo]
KN16 Offline

Loc: Illinois
We have all kinds of proof that some shaving cream is harmful to some monuments. Period end of story. All it takes is to look at a monument damaged by shaving cream to prove it happens. Just as the sun came up before anyone understood why.

Asking for scientific evidence as to why is completely different.

Given it is known by experts in the field to damage monuments the lack of a why or a scientific study is not an excuse to put a monument at risk.

Arguing we should ignore the anecdotal evidence until we get scientific evidence only puts monuments at risk because some will misunderstand the point and use it as an excuse to continue a poor practice.

#2151941 - 04/10/12 12:38 PM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: RosalieAnn]
Scot Stout Offline

Loc: Central Missouri
i just went to FB to find it. typed in "findagrave" and found two interests, one community, four open groups and one closed group. which one is the one everybody is talking about?

#2152383 - 04/10/12 10:43 PM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: Scot Stout]
RosalieAnn Offline

Loc: St Mary's Co., MD
Find A Grave (Find A Grave): Successes, Issues & Solutions
We are a venue on Facebook (FB) which affords all former/current Users of and/or Contributors to the website Find A Grave (Find A Grave) (www.findagrave.com), opportunities to share their experiences - POSITIVE and/or NEGATIVE - about Find A Grave, while suggesting viable solutions towards solving problems on that site.

December 23, 2011 at 1:03a
Quote:
Just wanted to let folks know that if they have any memorials on Find A Grave that are "Burial Unknown," they might want to change them to "Cremated-Location of Ashes Unknown." It just might keep the delete-happy admins from getting rid of them.

#2158646 - 04/18/12 02:13 PM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: RosalieAnn]
KatieABK Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: RosalieAnn
We are a venue on Facebook (FB) which affords all former/current Users of and/or Contributors to the website Find A Grave (Find A Grave) (www.findagrave.com), opportunities to share their experiences - POSITIVE and/or NEGATIVE - about Find A Grave, while suggesting viable solutions towards solving problems on that site.

Quote:
Just wanted to let folks know that if they have any memorials on Find A Grave that are "Burial Unknown," they might want to change them to "Cremated-Location of Ashes Unknown." It just might keep the delete-happy admins from getting rid of them.

*headdesk*

#2159558 - 04/19/12 03:13 PM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: KatieABK]
Fairys_Midwife Offline

Loc: Monroe, LA
And when they had no problem with the fact that photos and information on my dead uncle (died at 18) were lifted and put on Ancestry was when I left the group. They pretty much felt that I shouldn't have put it on findagrave if I didn't want it lifted. That is like saying if you didn't want your lawn chairs stolen, you shouldn't have put them outside!

#2292835 - 10/19/12 12:57 PM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: RosalieAnn]
bugaboo Offline

Loc: anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: RosalieAnn

Quote:
Rosalie, I am now one of the admins of that group and I haven't seen that post in there. We welcome anyone to join or come back, the group has changed and I do monitor the posts.

The House at the Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne

#2293208 - 10/20/12 05:32 AM Re: FindAGrave on Facebook (rant) [Re: RosalieAnn]
crokersack Offline

I have a problem with folks stealing photos that you personally took and never think a thing about it. Not much you can do unless the law is willing to prosecute. What I do have a problem with is the photo, an old photo, which was not taken by the person placing it there, and their claiming the photo. Many family members have the same photos so who can really lay claim to a photo from the early 1900's. Almost like saying you cannot take a photo of a headstone. They really do not belong to you.

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, RDigati, Russ