Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-23-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
22 registered (GypsySoul95, GerbLady, Frank K., chip5610, 8 invisible), 36 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Easter Orbs
Curious sign
Interesting / unusual monument
Topic Options
#1961217 - 08/25/11 01:32 PM Photo requests in Wildwood Cemetery, Williamsport
GenXer76 Offline

Loc: Denver Metro
Hi there, I was wondering if there was anyone near Williamsport who could take some cemetery photos for me? I have been waiting almost a year. I even re-submitted my requests a couple of times with no luck. Perhaps this is a difficult cemetery or is too far "out there"? I've also just noticed that there are 99 photo requests for this cemetery going back to 2007, so there must be something going on here.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=rapList&rapMode=cemetery&rapCemeteryId=46639

The names are Catherine and George Moff, Find A Grave #'s 59895876 and 59894745. They are in the Mt. Carmel section, Lot 860.

Thank you!

#1963734 - 08/28/11 08:28 AM Re: Photo requests in Wildwood Cemetery, Williamsport [Re: GenXer76]
badrenn Offline

Loc: Waynesboro, PA
I don't think there are many volunteers near there. It's a huge cemetery and would take someone really dedicated to go in and get all the photo requests (105) whew!!

Having said that, I've been trying to organize a trip up there since I have a cousin buried there and no stone pic yet. I was going to take another cousin who's on FindaGrave and we were going to have a photo shoot day. Due to work, neither of us have been able to coordinate the trip. We both live 3 to 4 hours away. Hoping to go up this fall. Keep your photo request up there and "Tricker" and I will do what we can.

- Soren Kierkegaard

#1966554 - 08/31/11 02:01 PM Re: Photo requests in Wildwood Cemetery, Williamsport [Re: badrenn]
wildgoose79 Offline

Loc: PA
I live only 45 min away and yes, it is a huge cem. They have an office and you would have to go there to have them locate the requests, or you could be there for days looking for your request.
I see someone has been taking photo request in and around other cem. in Williamsport, so i would think they would work on these too.
I,m down there often, but its usually for a day of shopping with my girlfriend, and she is from there. I used to live there, but that was before the find a grave days.

#1966648 - 08/31/11 03:26 PM Re: Photo requests in Wildwood Cemetery, Williamsport [Re: wildgoose79]
TMac Offline

Loc: Hanging with the bats
I will be going that way, but not till early October. If it is still open I'll try to get it for you, but you should make sure you have plot/section and if possible, short directions. It is very large.

#1998186 - 10/09/11 10:29 AM Re: Photo requests in Wildwood Cemetery, Williamsport [Re: TMac]
badrenn Offline

Loc: Waynesboro, PA
GenX,
I was at Wildwood on Oct 4th and I'm sorry to say that I couldn't find your request. It wasn't for the lack of trying, but you really can't imagine the size of this cemetery....

The person in the office did help us locate a few headstones (from one side of the cemetery to the other; mostly family) but I couldn't imagine whipping out my list of 90 some odd requests and having him help us. He was OK, but very stuffy.

To round out the day, I'd driven about 3 hours to get there; it was chilly and damp. We had some cousins with us that weren't really into graving (we found out) so was distracted the whole time. I really enjoyed visiting with the cousins but it's not good for graving... smile

TMac, hope you're well enough to go hiking at this place. Whew, the hills will kill you!!!

ps, I didn't get ANY requests while I was there...

Edited by badrenn (10/09/11 10:30 AM)
Edit Reason: add about requests

- Soren Kierkegaard

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ