Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 07-07-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 07-23-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
3 registered (englishanne, Dstmnstr, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 52 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Cousin's Day
Summer morning
Memorial Stone
Surname?
Not turkeys!
Topic Options
#1546457 - 08/10/10 07:20 AM Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County)
Jenn O. Offline

I've always heard that a particular ancestor was buried in Mt. Carmel Cemetery. However, I recently got a copy of the certificate of ownership of the burial lot which means (hooray!) that I now know the section and plot info. The cemetery is listed as Our Mother of Consolation Roman Catholic Cemetery, of which I can find no information.

Does anyone know if this is the same place? I've heard that Mt. Carmel Cemetery is actually made up of a few smaller cemeteries of different denominations.

Thanks for any help!
Jenn

#1546776 - 08/10/10 12:37 PM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: Jenn O.]
RChippa Offline

Loc: Scranton, Pennsylvania, USA
Check out this link:

http://www.usgwarchives.net/pa/northumberp/photos/mtcarcem.jpg

Mother of Consolation is in the lower right on the pic, Mt. Carmel on the middle left. Not sure if this helps, it's all I've found so far.

#1546781 - 08/10/10 12:39 PM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: RChippa]
RChippa Offline

Wait, just found this for Mother Of Consolation:

http://www.usgwarchives.net/pa/northumberp/photos/ourmoth.jpg

#1547314 - 08/10/10 06:51 PM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: RChippa]
Jenn O. Offline

Wow, thanks! Those are super helpful. Oddly enough, I was searching findagrave for Our Mother of Consolation and just "Consolation" in Northumberland County. I just searched for "mother" and found http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi...Scnty=2289&

Looks like it definitely is a separate cemetery.

Jenn

#1547448 - 08/10/10 10:05 PM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: Jenn O.]
RChippa Offline

I hope it works out for you, if I were closer (or the kids would enjoy the ride), I'd get the pics for you. It's a nice trip and some nice covered bridges on the way.

#1548810 - 08/11/10 09:48 PM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: RChippa]
Jenn O. Offline

Thanks! I'll keep my fingers crossed that a volunteer will visit for me. I'm in PA, but it's a bit too far to travel right now.

#1552634 - 08/14/10 10:19 PM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: Jenn O.]
lynne w Offline

hi jenn. i live in mount carmel and will search moc cemetery for you. who are you looking for?

#1552881 - 08/15/10 04:44 AM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: lynne w]
RChippa Offline

Kasimir "Charles" Bolesta

Birth: 1875
Death: 1955

Burial:
Mother of Consolation Cemetery
Mount Carmel
Northumberland County
Pennsylvania, USA
Plot: Lot #1, Block #4

Created by: Jenn O.
Record added: Aug 10, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 56900707

#1553581 - 08/15/10 02:49 PM Re: Mt. Carmel Cemeteries (Northumberland County) [Re: lynne w]
Jenn O. Offline

Thanks, Lynne. I'd really appreciate it! What RChippa pasted above is the individual I'm looking for. I got the plot information from a cemetery receipt when he purchased the plot. I'm hoping there are other Bolestas there too, and if so, I will add their memorials. Kasimir also went by Charles and his wife Annie (nee Kurylo) had a number of children who might be there.

Here's hoping! Thanks again, and do let me know if there's any other info I can provide.

Jenn

Moderator:  AJ, Bobbnoxious, Jim, Mark, Russ