Admin Approval Queue
Updated 10-29-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Recently Shared Photos
First Halloween
Thank you Lost Wages !
Last warm day in the hills...
Who's Online
6 registered (DESchuett, Older Than Dirt, 4 invisible), 28 Guests and 23 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Are Blonde Jokes Jokes or Just Plain Wrong? by Driver1928 @ 10/26/14 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: EJQ... In Texas, we have Texas A & M University. Those of us who did not attend that fine institution of higher learning tell Aggie jokes. ... Them who did attend that fine institution of higher learning also tell Aggie jo
Cemetery Preservation
Jump to new posts Re: vanished Albany New York cemetery? by rottenralf @ 10/26/14 05:28 PM

Follow up on a few things. In the old city directories, St. Mary's was known as St. Mary's and St. Joseph's Cemetery, so either two cemeteries at that location or it had a longer name than previously reported. As for Burial Grounds, there are 4 lis
The Lounge
Is there a way to edit the photos that are in the queue? I can not find a way to do so. The only option I can find is to turn the photos. Some of them need to be zoomed and cropped.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: DAR on stones by Private Eyes @ 10/26/14 05:24 PM

As a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution, we are allowed to have a DAR Marker Stake, a plaque attached to the headstone itself or actually engraved into the stone. This has to all be proven and approved by the DAR. One of my ancestor
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NASCAR 2014 by eesmith60 @ 10/26/14 05:23 PM

He looked happier than a dog with 3 balls!! lol I'm glad he won, glad that team Hendrick won - especially at this track, today. And I'm happy that Jeff came in 2nd and is 1st in points!!! Happy Dance.....
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Memorable Halloweens by gen-friend @ 10/26/14 05:22 PM

#1-went to my aunt's church for a "fall festival: type thing and they had a room you went thru in the dark and touch the bowls of whatever it was (jello, noodles, etc) always thought it strange for some reason that a church would have something
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: NASCAR 2014 by LittleAngelMaker @ 10/26/14 05:18 PM

Woot! Junior Nation!! Woot!
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Clarification on photos that can/can't be used by eesmith60 @ 10/26/14 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: GlitterFaerie Hi, Janet. I think this is the simplest rule to follow: If I didn't create it [take the photo or write the words], I cannot "use" it without permission. Very good advice about photo's & bio's. B
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Are Blonde Jokes Jokes or Just Plain Wrong? by Donald Newcomb @ 10/26/14 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: palebluedot I'm Korean and I love Asian jokes. I have yet to find one I've been offended by. I've learned not to let Germans know I have Schwabian ancestry, unless I first determine that they are also Schwabs.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Women who Brandish car keys upon exiting. by Private Eyes @ 10/26/14 05:08 PM

I work at a hospital switchboard. The doctor's lounge was just down the hall from us. Even when I worked the midnight shift there was at least one person in there, so I felt ok, Then the decided to move the doctor's lounge to the other side of the
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Mail for the Deceased Years Later by DWarbucks @ 10/26/14 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: allysgmaWe still get mail for a woman who lived down the road from us 16 years ago. Her maiden name was the same as our last name. She apparently had big time debt. The kicker is that we have moved twice since then! I'm n
The Lounge
That flood with that big ark and things.
Jump to new posts Re: In A Quandary - Should Transcribe What I See But.. by rottenralf @ 10/26/14 05:06 PM

So what Rosalie Ann is saying, if the last name is two words like Reeve Esling you put both words of the surname on the memorial. Even if it doesn't have a hyphen. Even if she never signed her cheques that way. But if in your research (which it appea
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: DAR on stones by oscarwilde @ 10/26/14 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: rottenralfI would think the number is their member number, or the number of their patriot. Hard to tell without a link. haven't made the memorial yet.The numbers aren't the same and the stone is for mother & daughter. So
The Lounge
I vaguely remember being in a crib.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Are Blonde Jokes Jokes or Just Plain Wrong? by gen-friend @ 10/26/14 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: EJQOriginally Posted By: brooke2Interesting question. A few years ago I forwarded a joke to one of my cousins. She wrote back that she thought it was inappropriate, making fun of a group. She then sent me a Blonde Joke. I ask
Jump to new posts Re: Linking divorced spouse by ewd76 @ 10/26/14 05:00 PM

Yes you should. Else the linking feature is meaningless.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Mail for the Deceased Years Later by rottenralf @ 10/26/14 04:57 PM

I've gotten some back east but nothing like that since we moved here. It helps that even though my house was built in 1917 we are the first residents of the place. It didn't even have an address when we bought it, the Post Office had to create one pr
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Missing gravestone missing 60 yrs returned. by gen-friend @ 10/26/14 04:54 PM

I have a friend (because of what happened next) in California that bought some property there. turns out before the land was subdivided over and over, that there was a small cemetery on the land. he found some of the iron fencing in a blueberry bush,
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Do you watch the political debates? by JayGeeVanAre @ 10/26/14 04:52 PM

Fox News is drumming up hate against single women, particularly if they vote (Article)
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: DAR on stones by rottenralf @ 10/26/14 04:47 PM

I would think the number is their member number, or the number of their patriot. Hard to tell without a link.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Mail for the Deceased Years Later by RosalieAnn @ 10/26/14 04:44 PM

I still get mail for my mother who died in 2006 because (although she never lived here) this was the forwarding address for her estate. Mostly pleas from charities to donate.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Walking Dead by gen-friend @ 10/26/14 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: bugabooOriginally Posted By: gen-friendcan't read this thread anymore, because I can't watch the show online now. apparently the 1st episode was free, but now it asks for cable provider log-in, which I do not have. have to wait
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Women who Brandish car keys upon exiting. by RosalieAnn @ 10/26/14 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: wa6odb In a safe environment, like a hospital or medical clinic, ... There's your mistake. A hospital or medical clinic is not a safe environment. There is no such thing as a safe environment for us. For you maybe, but e
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Women who Brandish car keys upon exiting. by cheekybones @ 10/26/14 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: wa6odbOriginally Posted By: DD0329The woman you saw staring straight ahead with keys in hand may have already been a victim of such an attack, or may know someone who was a victim. In a safe environment, like a hospital or med
Page 80 of 118 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 117 118 >