Find A Grave Links
Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 12-20-2014
Admin Approval Queue
Updated 12-17-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Recently Shared Photos
Happy Hanukkah
Glad to see ObamaCare is working to lower prices..
help deciphering name
Who's Online
15 registered (mydarncat, greyfox, dfr, RosalieAnn, BrianSnat, badgersushi, Judy H, memareich, 4 invisible), 37 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How much is quality furniture? by billl @ 12/14/14 10:39 PM

Even more of a thread drift (almost a tsunami now) took me forever but finally remembered her name, Mocha! Not too bad, this was somewhere around 1968, I think.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How much is quality furniture? by ncsearcher @ 12/14/14 10:35 PM

Originally Posted By: billlMost people know how a cat can yowl when she's in heat. Add a few octaves and about 100 decibels and you have a Siamese. It's even worse if they find someplace enclosed so it echoes. Experience speaks! Major thread dr
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Erectile dysfunction adverts and Sunday football by Driver1928 @ 12/14/14 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: ghammelThe great thing about sports is that there are almost always multiple games being played at the same time. If you're watching commercials, you aren't doing it right. I watch very little TV live. I record it and watch it z
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How much is quality furniture? by Diana D. @ 12/14/14 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: billl... Experience speaks! Sounds like the Siamese do, too! I'm signing off & going to bed, g'night y'all.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How much is quality furniture? by billl @ 12/14/14 10:28 PM

Most people know how a cat can yowl when she's in heat. Add a few octaves and about 100 decibels and you have a Siamese. It's even worse if they find someplace enclosed so it echoes. Experience speaks!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Pawn Shops by Driver1928 @ 12/14/14 10:27 PM

I figured out that one pawn shop would sell me a watch battery dirt cheap and change it for me free while I waited. I made the mistake of asking a jeweler to do the same thing once. Charged me an arm for the battery and a leg to change it out. Holy c
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How much is quality furniture? by Diana D. @ 12/14/14 10:24 PM

billl, some days I am & some days not so much.
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Re-cycling memorials by RosalieAnn @ 12/14/14 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DWarbucksOriginally Posted By: RosalieAnn We have been told VERY emphatically by the admins NOT to recycle memorials, even when we have just entered them and discover that it is a duplicate, we are to delete the duplicate and
General: In the News
"The quilt belongs to her. It says so right there in the will." Find A Grave used to determine quilt maker's identity. Find A Grave used to determine maker of quilt.
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Edit declined for name spelling by RosalieAnn @ 12/14/14 10:11 PM

LOL
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: A different approach - rehab for terrorists by Driver1928 @ 12/14/14 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: JayGeeVanAreI see it is deeper than I first thought. If I point out a single point of commonality, that interprets into an all encompassing exactness. Cars have 4 wheels = VW Bug is exactly the same and a Bronco Hmmm. One of my
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Guess who is working the Complaint Window at DMV!! by Driver1928 @ 12/14/14 09:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Bailey4d4... But don't come to my window with a Michael Kors purse and nails that cost a bundle to maintain because I'm going to tell you that a month without pretty nails will pay for the registration on the car. Bailey, ain't
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Guess who is working the Complaint Window at DMV!! by RosalieAnn @ 12/14/14 09:46 PM

That's why the credit card I use is done right from the bank that issued it. There's no mail involved. For the checks that I send from the bank, I build in some lead time.
The Lounge
Originally Posted By: rottenralfThe problem isn't with the post office. The payment sits in mailbags on the credit card processing companies loading dock. The receive date is when they get around to processing it. Late fees and higher interest rates
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Guess who is working the Complaint Window at DMV!! by RosalieAnn @ 12/14/14 09:43 PM

Our local PO has been really good, but it is a very rural area and everyone knows everyone else. Even us, although we are not 'from here'. (We've only lived here for 40 years)
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Pawn Shops by bethhoo @ 12/14/14 09:39 PM

Never sold anything at a pawn shop, but I went to one in Nags Head, NC that had everything under the sun. Even live animals; several exotic birds, snakes and a rabbit. Back in 2009 I sold lots of gold when the price was so high.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Newspapers Tips Needed Please by GenealogyGeek @ 12/14/14 09:30 PM

I know what you mean. One of my great-great grandparents last name was BATH.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Newspapers Tips Needed Please by aspring @ 12/14/14 09:27 PM

Bill- Yes! I know for certain that one is him. I started a thread in Genealogy. Looking for this guy is like looking for John Smith! Too many of them for me to work through even with my husband's help. I figured I would post in the genealogy board be
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cops Abuse Women and Children Also by JayGeeVanAre @ 12/14/14 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdoOriginally Posted By: ExPatYankeeOriginally Posted By: JayGeeVanAreOriginally Posted By: eesmith60 Slurs against Americans The American list is longer than the Swedish list, so we got that going for us. There are
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Newspapers Tips Needed Please by billl @ 12/14/14 09:21 PM

1920 census shows him married with 2 step children, father born in France, mother in Pennsylvania. Is this him?
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ever forget your surroundings? by GenealogyGeek @ 12/14/14 09:16 PM

Oh yea, all the time. I'll start telling a dirty joke at work, point out a hot guy (loudly) in church, laugh hysterically at a funeral, etc. These things happen.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ever forget your surroundings? by BeardedWierdo @ 12/14/14 09:03 PM

OMG, an audiobolk.
The Lounge
Originally Posted By: billlCrazy! What does your postmaster say when asked about the service (or lack thereof)? The usual, understaffed, closer of local post offices, and some are just lazy. Charlie was famous around here. For one, he was the sp
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Ever forget your surroundings? by WookieWifey @ 12/14/14 08:55 PM

The Wookie has started doing game playthroughs and reviews on youtube and on twitch. Well, right now, he's streaming on twitch and I forgot he was doing that and let out THE most devilishly sexy and impressive belch ever. His recording stuff picked
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Do you ever have to sit on your hands? by skcaga6 @ 12/14/14 08:54 PM

When the book is finished and available on Amazon and B&N, I will let everybody know. I have surgery on Thursday with two months of butt time for recovery. Plenty of time to finish up the book.
Page 80 of 95 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 94 95 >