Admin Approval Queue
Updated 10-20-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Recently Shared Photos
Last warm day in the hills...
A Different Kind of Cemetery
Newborn to size 13
Who's Online
18 registered (AnnMaree, Frankz, Donald Newcomb, greyfox, Graver Guy, 8 invisible), 40 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Songs That Reference Genealogy by kapri64 @ 10/18/14 01:36 AM

Eliza Gilkyson wrote this song about her ancestor, Jedidiah, after she bought his old letters that came up for auction. The song is based on what she read in those letters. One of my favorite songs by her.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Songs That Reference Genealogy by AnnT @ 10/18/14 01:31 AM

"Skating Away on the Thin Ice of a New Day", by Jethro Tull That's a general context, but personally, because one of my 4 major families came to the US on this ship: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Venture ... ...this song
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Assumptions ? This Is Very Wrong. by Adrienne K-E @ 10/18/14 01:22 AM

For those memorial managers receiving edit requests for a simple year of birth to be added (not full date) - these could immediately trigger an alarm as being calculated. If the birth year is not stated on the memorial or the obit there's a good cha
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What do you all think about Jeb Bush as by Russell808 @ 10/18/14 01:14 AM

>>> What do you all think about Jeb Bush <<< I think it would be fun watching all the liberals getting wound up. It would be a good diversion to keep them busy before either fielding the real candidate or letting the public get t
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Seattle is rising because of Jessica Spear by bugaboo @ 10/18/14 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: ncsearcherOriginally Posted By: wa6odbIIt's proven bicycle helmets hinder bicycle riding, and where it is forced upon people, bicycling is not popular. Calling you on this statement- need some proof- because I can quote you
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Seattle is rising because of Jessica Spear by ncsearcher @ 10/18/14 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: wa6odbIIt's proven bicycle helmets hinder bicycle riding, and where it is forced upon people, bicycling is not popular. Calling you on this statement- need some proof- because I can quote you a bunch of resources that prove
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Sad Anniversary by cwbyht @ 10/18/14 12:19 AM

At 5:04 PST, this evening I went around the corner to a church. I felt the need to pray. The church was locked up for the day, so I sat in the courtyard and prayed, and reflected. Even 25 years later, that day weighs heavy on my heart and mind.
Jump to new posts Re: Assumptions ? This Is Very Wrong. by SuzyM @ 10/17/14 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: sandlotballOriginally Posted By: SuzyMI understand that calculating a birth date from age at death can be off by a year one way or the other but the emphasis of the site is to help people Find A Grave. A reasonably calculated b
Jump to new posts Re: Is there a mobile app? by BeardedWierdo @ 10/17/14 11:39 PM

Yes.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by Chelie @ 10/17/14 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: ZorroOriginally Posted By: billlI just had the same recall done at the Buick dealer yesterday. Took about 1 1/2 hours and also had the cabin air filter changed in that time. No problems. And the recall wasn't about providing
Jump to new posts Re: Assumptions ? This Is Very Wrong. by deniseA @ 10/17/14 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: RosalieAnnIn any case to the OP - if the SAC's are for VA memorials, you can't blame FAG for accepting them as it is automatic without human intervention of any kind. Just SAC and undo the changes. I'm pretty sure they said th
Jump to new posts Re: Assumptions ? This Is Very Wrong. by BarkingSeagull @ 10/17/14 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: beardedmustafaMy feeling is that what is on the marker is to be input and age not guessed upon based on this subtraction/addition deal. By example, this inscription: Jonas Swift Died January 23, 1877 Aged 78 years 4 months 1
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Sneaky dogs watching you eat by Chelie @ 10/17/14 11:11 PM

I agree - I like the Chihuahua.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Ebola - Close to home by BrianSnat @ 10/17/14 11:05 PM

Well if what the government is telling us is true, it's basically a non issue unless they swapped spit. I wonder if President Obama would allow his children to ride on a plane next to an Ebola victim considering that it is so hard to catch.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Seattle is rising because of Jessica Spear by wa6odb @ 10/17/14 11:02 PM

I think some locations are gonna have clean ones for people to wear, but it's overall gonna be an honor system. Quite frankly, it's about even the number of people either wearing or not wearing a helmet that I see. It's proven bicycle helmets hinde
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Songs That Reference Genealogy by ncsearcher @ 10/17/14 10:50 PM

Indian Reservation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6RjP7MlXk Cher- Gypsys, Tramps and Theives http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOSZwEwl_1Q&index=2&list=RDzQ6RjP7MlXk
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Songs That Reference Genealogy by skcaga6 @ 10/17/14 10:46 PM

Since so many people answered with it and it was the first song that popped to my mind:
Jump to new posts Re: Proper procedure for duplicates? by stonehunter @ 10/17/14 10:42 PM

just send links to edit asking for a merge do not waste your time asking for someone to delete a memorial because of dupes.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Do You Send out Cards for Halloween by BrianSnat @ 10/17/14 10:38 PM

Nope
Jump to new posts Re: Assumptions ? This Is Very Wrong. by stonehunter @ 10/17/14 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: sandlotballOriginally Posted By: eesmith60OR the admins are adding your info and another member is following behind you sending edits asking that the YOD be added based on their age - info that's now available on their memorials
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What do you all think about Jeb Bush as by BrianSnat @ 10/17/14 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdoAnother George? Do you think our electoral memory would be that short? Quick answer? Alcee Hastings
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What do you all think about Jeb Bush as by BrianSnat @ 10/17/14 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: cwbyht What is stupid is assuming that they are all the same. George Sr. and Jr. were quite different ideologically and politically. In may respects they were opposites. What is stupid is judging someone by their name, rathe
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What do you all think about Jeb Bush as by BeardedWierdo @ 10/17/14 10:29 PM

Another George? Do you think our electoral memory would be that short?
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Songs That Reference Genealogy by GerbLady @ 10/17/14 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdo"I Am My Own Grandpa" Kinda brings a tear to the eye, doesn't it? Such a moving tribute of being a family...
Jump to new posts Re: Can I take pictures of a whole cemetery? by fagDebbie @ 10/17/14 10:25 PM

thanks for the clarification, Rosalie.
Page 80 of 112 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 111 112 >