Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-18-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
17 registered (Oly, Meriwether, garth, eesmith60, DSH, 8 invisible), 46 Guests and 29 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Interesting / unusual monument
No Burying without Permission
Headstone design
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prayers Please by billl @ 04/15/14 10:34 AM

Hospice receives instructions from the immediate family and medical professionals, others may not be aware of what the patient and/or the family have agreed to as far as care is concerned.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Gmail...GRRRRRRRRRRRRR by DTWer @ 04/15/14 10:30 AM

This is why I choose to use gmail in "basic" email mode. It may look plain, but it works.
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Searching AKA's on Cemeteries? by kbrownst @ 04/15/14 10:29 AM

Is this ever going to be a possibility? I was searching for the Beth David Cemetery in Detroit (wayne, Michigan) I finally found it under Bnai David by searching for David even tho its listed as an AKA. Now I'm looking for Beth Jacob cemetery also
Jump to new posts Re: ACCEPTABLE?? by billl @ 04/15/14 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: KenGOne of the things on my wishlist is that captions to photos would show on the page (or at least the first line), without having to click on the photo. Very good idea. I'm sure there are a lot of people who never think/bot
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by skcaga6 @ 04/15/14 10:16 AM

Erin, I'm hoping to go to church on Sunday. It is going to depend on the weather though since I walk. It could be the last Easter service in the old church. The building needs repairs the congregation can't afford to pay for so the church is up for s
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by skcaga6 @ 04/15/14 10:14 AM

Milestone alert! "I can brush my own teeth!"
I'd not be surprised if there were a merge or something that changed the access. Odd things sometimes happen on this site. I had a Famous bio that was in the wrong cemetery (I di dnot create the memorial)--when I found the right one, it was fixed--bu
And don't forget the old burial records that say "Leg of John Doe"--some of those even have a separate marker (though I do not have an example at hand). It is also common for royal burials to be in more than one place--especially for someo
Jump to new posts Re: MERGES who to send to by KenG @ 04/15/14 10:02 AM

Use the "edit" address (we are not supposed to give e-mail addresses in the Formums) in the FAQ.
Jump to new posts Re: SAC dates by KenG @ 04/15/14 10:01 AM

I am cautious with calculating--especially with Colonial-era dates, where the year change comes into effect. But with the new system, I'm beginning to wonder if I should be that fussy. If I don't make the change, it may well get made anyway. What I h
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I've never asked before... by ErinK @ 04/15/14 09:54 AM

I hope you're doing OK this morning, Bill. I know that the wait for news can be almost unbearable sometimes. You and Sue will be in my thoughts.
Jump to new posts Question re: 2 cemeteries side-by-side... by FranzB @ 04/15/14 09:50 AM

Greetings all... I'm not sure what the answer is to this (conversation on FB) so I figured I'd ask here... Found out that a cemetery listed is actually two side-by-side, cemeteries. They are separate and each has it's own name. However, they are r
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Joke of the Day! by Private Eyes @ 04/15/14 09:47 AM

Income Tax Filing Strategy To: Internal Revenue Service, Department of the Treasury Washington, DC 20001 Enclosed is my 2003 Form 1040, together with payment. Please take note of the attached article from USA Today archives. In the article, you w
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Printer/Scanner combos by Private Eyes @ 04/15/14 09:44 AM

I can't advise you on a copier/scanner, but I want one that will also print and fax.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Prayers Please by Private Eyes @ 04/15/14 09:40 AM

Well, I have mixed feeling about hospice, well at least the one that was with my Uncle Jerry (from the hospital) when he passed from brain cancer. They would not give him his insulin - they said that was keeping him alive. I truly believe that he s
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: An Idea for Locations on Memorials by RosalieAnn @ 04/15/14 09:38 AM

It is a cemetery registration site plus you can add non-tranditional methods such as ashes scattered or a donated body. In any case, you can't (or should not) add someone that you don't know what happened to their body. MOST OF THE TIME, this is c
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by ErinK @ 04/15/14 09:34 AM

Good morning, all. I have a mountain of paperwork to wade through today. That stuff seems to multiply like rabbits when I'm not looking! I really need to make a quick run to the store for just a couple of things, and to the pet store for dog food.
Official: Ask An Admin
Jump to new posts Missing Children by Darnel @ 04/15/14 09:32 AM

Is there a policy regarding adding missing children to the website?
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: An Idea for Locations on Memorials by Ediana @ 04/15/14 09:26 AM

"What is Find A Grave? Find a Grave's mission is to find, record and present final disposition information from around the world as a virtual cemetery experience. Memorial contributions to Find A Grave should fulfill that mission - registration
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Today's Menu by Private Eyes @ 04/15/14 09:25 AM

It was beans and left over pizza. I took the pizza.
Jump to new posts Re: ACCEPTABLE?? by KenG @ 04/15/14 09:25 AM

One of the things on my wishlist is that captions to photos would show on the page (or at least the first line), without having to click on the photo.
Jump to new posts Re: Why is it Ok "Grave Jumpers" to just post Obits? by Desertthorn @ 04/15/14 09:24 AM

So back to my original premise, if its so wrong why doesn't FAG just remove them?
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by Private Eyes @ 04/15/14 09:24 AM

HAPPY TAX DAY - NOT! It's also the full moon, so I bet the crazies will be coming out of the woodwork for the next few days. I mean, someone called the hospital on Sunday and wanted to know what they could take for a cold....I sent them to the
Jump to new posts Re: Linking a Daughter to a famous Parent by EmilyAnn Frances @ 04/15/14 09:21 AM

Sorry for any confusion. As a result of this discussion, we now understand that the daughter cannot be listed on her famous father's memorial. However, we can link to the famous father from the non-famous daughter's memorial.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Today's Menu by Jackie @ 04/15/14 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: ellenYou'd like it here in south Georgia, RR: bacon is added to everything; in fact, the addition of bacon to a vegetable is simply called "seasoning." If the peas, beans, corn, etc. are said to be "seasoned,"
Page 80 of 99 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 98 99 >