Updated 09-02-2014
Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 09-03-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 09-12-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Sleeping cat
Best Headstone I've Ever Seen
Body In Transit
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Old and New. Very Cool! by BeardedWierdo @ 09/11/14 07:04 PM

In this case, it seems to be complete chance that the guy took the picture from almost the identical spot. And he's not the only one; it seems to be a popular spot to take a picture from.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by Russell808 @ 09/11/14 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdoKeeping up with traffic is NOT in the eye of the beholder. If I'm doing 30 in a 25 and not dropping back from the vehicle in front of me, I'm keeping up with traffic. And if the car behind me tries to pass me in tha
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Ancestors Not found by ldavis @ 09/11/14 07:00 PM

If you are sure of the location of the grave, please enter the memorial for the ancestor If you need any help, someone will gladly help you. There are no "unknown burial sites" or "duplicated memorials". And, search more tha
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: good bad movies by Russell808 @ 09/11/14 06:53 PM

I couldn't think of any - until I remembered Maximum Overdrive. Stephen King's first (and only!) effort at directing. WE MADE YOU!!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by Christina11 @ 09/11/14 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdoOriginally Posted By: billlGee! And here I thought bicyclists were supposed to follow the same laws as motorists? By and large, they are. There are restrictions on bicycles that do not apply to motorists (most inte
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by Christina11 @ 09/11/14 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Russell808Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdoSome motorists have the mistaken belief that they MUST pass a bicycle, even if the bicycle is keeping up with traffic. I've taken my lane in circumstances like that, keeping up with t
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by wa6odb @ 09/11/14 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: rottenralf Again you speak as an authority about something you know nothing about. A lot of folks bicycle in the rurals and auto drivers give them a lot of respect. They also give respect to tractors, row gators and combines who
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Old and New. Very Cool! by Russell808 @ 09/11/14 06:41 PM

It's interesting, but irksome when poorly executed - taken from different distance/location.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by Christina11 @ 09/11/14 06:37 PM

In Minnesota, it is illegal to ride more than two abreast.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: good bad movies by LansdaleLady @ 09/11/14 06:35 PM

Idiocracy, from 2006, starring Luke Wilson is pretty bad, but had a few good jokes. Luke wakes up in an idiotic world 500 years in the future. TV screens are now almost completely covered with advertising, except for a small square in the corner th
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Where were you on 9/11?? by badgersushi @ 09/11/14 06:32 PM

After working until midnight the night before, I was in bed asleep when the Twin Towers were hit in NY (I was living in the Bay Area where it was 5:46am when American Airlines Flight 11 hit the North Tower). My mom woke me up almost 9 PST, saying t
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by rottenralf @ 09/11/14 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: wa6odb I made a typo in my post when I said I would consider riding on a rural road. Think about it. Would you share a road with folk who are out to feel free riding in their car (rightfully so) and expect them to curtail th
The Lounge
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Old and New. Very Cool! by LansdaleLady @ 09/11/14 06:25 PM

Love before and after pictures of any kind. I have a several "Then and Now" books showing old/new photos of Philadelphia, Paris, and London.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What Other Names Were Considered by Koach @ 09/11/14 06:25 PM

I need to add to my original post that my older half-sister was going to be the original April Marie, but her mother named her after one of her sisters. When my sister learned what my father had in mind, she said she would have preferred that over Bo
The Lounge
My nephew decided he wanted to ride a bull for his birthday last weekend. First time I've ever seen him fly.
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Ancestors Not found by rottenralf @ 09/11/14 06:18 PM

Perhaps because you haven't entered their memorial yet? The site has 121 million memorials. That is several BILLION shy of being comprehensive. The information doesn't magically appear on the internet or this site. Somebody has to enter it.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by wa6odb @ 09/11/14 06:14 PM

Originally Posted By: sallysmudgepot I'm confused by some of the things that you have said. You won't wait at lights? What if a driver felt the same way and BAM! you're roadkill? It sounds like you have become complacent in your safety and the safety
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by Matt Cross @ 09/11/14 06:10 PM

Cheeky! Don't use those 4-letter words!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Old and New. Very Cool! by S D Hall @ 09/11/14 06:09 PM

The New Orleans Times-Picayune did a series of photos on August 29th of pictures from right after Katrina and now. The Katrina pictures were submitted by readers and the photographers went out and duplicated them. Real interesting.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Find A Grave Celebrates 100 Million Photos on Site by BeardedWierdo @ 09/11/14 06:06 PM

Oh, no! What will we all vie for NOW? A waffle iron?
The Lounge
Originally Posted By: GerbLadyDid he get a tee-shirt?!?! I'll bet he got the toaster!
The Lounge
Did he get a tee-shirt?!?!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by camerabug @ 09/11/14 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Michael CatsHere are a few statistics for 2012, but to recap.... 76,000 pedestrians were injured and 4,743 killed in the U.S. 49,000 cyclists were injured and 726 killed in the U.S. Considering the risks, it takes real bolloc
The Lounge
Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdo10) Do dolphins live shorter in captivity? No. This is likely due in large part to the medical attention and the consistent, high quality supply of food they receive. A study comparing the survival of dolphins in
Page 80 of 116 < 1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 115 116 >