Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-18-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
29 registered (badrenn, greyfox, duke220, eesmith60, kahill1918, Jonathan Laing, 9 invisible), 62 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
No Burying without Permission
Headstone design
Cenotaph
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by ErinK @ 04/13/14 10:28 AM

Good morning, everyone. We have another nice day here. Not quite as sunny, and still windy, but wonderful nonetheless. I'm getting worried about Caboose. Has anyone heard from her?
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Tasa Lepaa??? by skerfan @ 04/13/14 10:28 AM

This may help. I looks like it may be Finnish. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~waclacem/FinnHill/p42.htm
Official: Ask An Admin
Jump to new posts Re: Inactive Memorial Managers by Mark @ 04/13/14 10:26 AM

You can use the new editing system to submit updates to the following: Name Dates/Places of Birth/Death Plot/GPS information Marker Transcription Family Links Edits under the new system older than 30 days are reviewed at the admin level automatical
Jump to new posts Re: Possible to add a new prefix? by Mark @ 04/13/14 10:23 AM

The pending working list of prefixes is here.... http://www.findagraveforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2559600#Post2559600
Jump to new posts Re: Adding a Prefix by Mark @ 04/13/14 10:19 AM

The pending working list of prefixes is here... http://www.findagraveforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2559600#Post2559600
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Grateful for by stonehunter @ 04/13/14 10:13 AM

waking up every morning and still being alive and going to bed every night having lived one more day.
Jump to new posts Re: Can We Have Lord In Prefixes Please? by Mark @ 04/13/14 10:12 AM

The current pending working list is here: http://www.findagraveforums.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2559600#Post2559600 Lord and Lady would fall under Admin Only listings.
Cemetery Preservation
Jump to new posts Re: Rubbings by RDigati @ 04/13/14 10:08 AM

As stated above.. I went back and edited it so that it's now in bold - so it won't be missed. Many historical cemeteries (especially in New England) ban the practice entirely. The OP describes something a bit different. Monument companies use the
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: The Last Song You'll Ever Hear by stonehunter @ 04/13/14 10:03 AM

Knocking on heavens door of course
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Just noticed the new EDIT feature!!!! by LurkyLou72 @ 04/13/14 10:01 AM

Just found this. Woo hoo! Lurky is a happy girl right now!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on this... by stonehunter @ 04/13/14 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Russell808I don't know enough about this to say. 20 years? I thought adverse possession kicked in at 10. But of course that would be a major black eye to BLM. you have to go to court to claim land by Adverse_possession it i
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: Relationship Links now available on New Edits by LurkyLou72 @ 04/13/14 09:58 AM

Just noticed it. YES! YES! YES! THANK YOU! (Can you tell that I like it?)
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on this... by stonehunter @ 04/13/14 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By: HarriettSo, the ranchers say this has been their land for 200 years or something like that? Yeah? Well, it was the Indians' longer than that. Why don't they get it back? if they could produce a written deed to the property th
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by wobniar @ 04/13/14 09:49 AM

Good morning dotters; I believe spring has finally arrived. I found my first crocus when raking the yard yesterday. I think that guy was about a month late getting here. After 14 cans of debris, that back yard is officially done. Now I can go tack
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cribbage by wobniar @ 04/13/14 09:39 AM

My dad taught me to play cribbage. I think he may have regretted it. He was an excellent player but seldom got very good hand against me. I still have his folding board. I also played bridge for many years. Mostly rubber bridge as the folks at the
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on this... by wmitch6 @ 04/13/14 09:36 AM

I think the "tortoise" issue is a bandwagon thing. It gets a bit of donation publicity for the eco conscious (or eco freak if you will). The real issue is failure to pay BLM grazing fees for years. The guy has a point - his family has been
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Pope Francis Asks Abuse Victims' Forgiveness by j7dharma @ 04/13/14 09:34 AM

Originally Posted By: BrianSnatOriginally Posted By: FairyLakeOriginally Posted By: BlytheSpiritSomeone mentioned in an earlier post priests should be allowed to marry. I don't see how that fits in this instance. Married men are as likely to commit t
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cribbage by orphanandy @ 04/13/14 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: eesmith60I never played bridge but I remember when Omar Sharif promoted a "how-to" explanation in the newspaper. It was on the crossword page (I think). Haven't seen it since I was a kid though. Does he still do tha
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cribbage by wmitch6 @ 04/13/14 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: TombWhisperer@Ellen...and anyone else, lol....Euchre, pronounced like 'yooker', is pretty much a PA, OH, MI, IN -ish midwestern game. I was shocked when I moved to the east coast and nobody had ever heard of it, it's pretty muc
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Tonight! by Hwy101Guy @ 04/13/14 09:22 AM

The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cribbage by orphanandy @ 04/13/14 09:20 AM

LOL. This just made me think... I'm cleaning out the flotsam and jetsam of my parents house (now mine) with my Dad passing last year. I've collected, from various drawers around the house about 50 decks of cards, some double for those bridge players
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cribbage by orphanandy @ 04/13/14 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: BeardedWierdoOriginally Posted By: ErinKNow, Euchre is another story. I'll trump your pants off at Euchre! Not mine, you won't. I'm in. Wear your pants.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Breakfast by BrianSnat @ 04/13/14 09:08 AM

One thing I like to do for a change of pace is scrambled eggs in a wrap. I scramble them with various things like chopped peppers and/or onions, mushrooms, bacon, sausage, ham etc... top with some cheese and maybe a squirt of Sriracha and roll it up.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Grateful for by Michael Cats @ 04/13/14 09:08 AM

First, I am grateful to Koach for periodically reviving this thread. It is a very pleasant topic, and I enjoy reading most of the posts. Second, I am grateful to my local cable company. They are now offering two new subscription sports channels.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Thoughts on this... by orphanandy @ 04/13/14 09:03 AM

Originally Posted By: HarriettSo, the ranchers say this has been their land for 200 years or something like that? Yeah? Well, it was the Indians' longer than that. Why don't they get it back? As to the Native Americans - To the victor goes the spoi
Page 79 of 102 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 101 102 >