Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 09-03-2014
Mapped Cemetery Statistics
Updated 09-17-2014
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 09-17-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
18 registered (Chris Easley, Cruising, BrianSnat, Classic Rock, divadog, Brock, 5 invisible), 19 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Sept 11, 2014
Outside my den - bird bath
Sleeping cat
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Re: How does one determine if a contributor is decease by stonehunter @ 09/15/14 11:21 AM

you could search for the obit if the name is known
The Lounge
When I lived in suburban Georgia back in the mid-90's, I was driving to work down a road that hadn't been developed yet and had wire fencing on either side to (hopefully) keep the larger critters off the road and out of danger. I had a car phone onl
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "The Roosevelts" Reminder by Merrileem @ 09/15/14 11:15 AM

It will be interesting to see how Ken Burns portrait of FDR compares to the things David McCullough says about him in Truman. McCullough was not flattering to him at all.
Jump to new posts Re: Obituary From Newspaper #2 by Bernadette @ 09/15/14 11:14 AM

I hope you're joking, Bill. I'm sure you wouldn't want to disturb grieving families. I cull the info from obits and leave out son and daughter-in-law first names as well as any grandchildren or great-grandchildren. I'm also careful to omit the loca
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: lobster by camerabug @ 09/15/14 11:13 AM

I am allergic to all shellfish. I've never had lobster. Shrimp gave me my first mild reaction but it was that first bite of crab cake that almost killed me. Sooo ... no lobster for this girl either.
Jump to new posts Re: My Grave Marker Photos by jrsents @ 09/15/14 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By: EGFOriginally Posted By: Adrienne K-EThere should be a link on your profile page (top right) that lets you look at your photos - so long as you've posted less than 10,000. There is also a listing of Volunteer Photos Taken on yo
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How Are Bicyclists Near You by Donald Newcomb @ 09/15/14 11:12 AM

The trick that gets me is riding across an intersection on the crosswalk, believing that because the bike is in the crosswalk, they have the right of way. Well, if you get off the bike and walk it across the street, that's true. Riding it makes you j
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I didn't realize this ... by Merrileem @ 09/15/14 11:12 AM

Yeh, I must be a guy too. I have been getting those enhancement ads for years in my secondary email account. Not to mention the ads trying to get me to look at celebrity women naked. BTW just for giggles I Googled myself one day and discovered a s
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I didn't realize this ... by eesmith60 @ 09/15/14 11:10 AM

Damn dude! And I'll bet you never call your mama, either!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Do you think a rodeo is entertainment or cruelty? by Donald Newcomb @ 09/15/14 11:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Jackie Some states (like Texas and Missouri) currently allow wild hogs to be killed at any time, without a license because they are considered an "invasive species". In Mississippi feral pigs can be killed by just abou
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: lobster by eesmith60 @ 09/15/14 11:08 AM

Spoiler Content
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Find A Grave Celebrates 100 Million Photos on Site by headstonelvr11 @ 09/15/14 11:04 AM

congratulations, time to start counting for 200 million
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I didn't realize this ... by BeardedWierdo @ 09/15/14 11:01 AM

Your reputation has a way better time than you do!
You would use the "EDIT" tab on the memorial in question, choose the 6th option, "Suggest Any Other...". This will open a box that you can type an e-mail message into that will go to the manager whether you can see their e-mail a
The Lounge
Jump to new posts I didn't realize this ... by camerabug @ 09/15/14 10:59 AM

I have an e-mail account that I use for FAG and my genealogy research. I have to check my SPAM folder to make sure that important mail doesn't get caught in it. Well ... According to all the SPAM I get, Dr. Oz thinks I am fat because he keeps rec
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: lobster by sallysmudgepot @ 09/15/14 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Driver1928Originally Posted By: Laura... My little brother and I both dislike having to field dress our dinner at the table. This is my problem. Snow crab legs are a mess. Lobster? Come on, folks! They give you a bib! I love sh
The 1st five choices made thru the "Edit" tab, if not done by the manager, will always be done automatically after 21 days, so it's always ok to submit those if the memorial allows it. The "RNA" about the member and not allowing
The Lounge
Originally Posted By: KoachDoes that seem like too much? Any signature is too long if its length exceeds that of the message posted above it (ditto if you are quoting previous posts where the quoted part is much longer than your response).
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: "The Roosevelts" Reminder by Fairys_Midwife @ 09/15/14 10:44 AM

What chilled me was that historian talking about the war with Cuba and how Teddy reveled in it. He bluntly stated that Teddy was a killer. Wished they had pointed out a little more that those two blurred figures in the photo of Abraham Lincoln's fun
Jump to new posts Re: I Wish by chip5610 @ 09/15/14 10:44 AM

Originally Posted By: BellegraviaLike you would put checks in boxes of the ones you want to search. I think that this is a really good idea!
Jump to new posts Re: Obituary Lifted From Newspaper Web Site by Pak @ 09/15/14 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: bluerosePeople who post obits or copy them word for word into a bio are not doing anything wrong as far as privacy issues. Public records are public records. However they may be doing something wrong with respect to with respec
Jump to new posts Re: Obituary From Newspaper #2 by oscarwilde @ 09/15/14 10:27 AM

No. If I use an obituary I copy and paste it into the memorial if the obituary is more than 50 years old. (my choice) I credit the paper. I remove any names of people that could still be alive. If it is a new obituary. I extract the facts and post
Official: Ask An Admin
Memorials that have been added to Find A Grave have been added by individual members. The database is not a complete listing of all burials but a work in progress. If you find interments missing from a cemetery, you are free to add them to the ceme
Jump to new posts Re: Obituary From Newspaper #2 by Desertthorn @ 09/15/14 10:24 AM

No. But I never add the last name of living relatives.
Jump to new posts Re: Add to My Cemeteries button missing by oscarwilde @ 09/15/14 10:21 AM

It is only on the main cemetery page upper right corner. Once you add it to your cemeteries it will say "remove from my cemeteries" The purpose of this action is so you have quick access to a cemetery and can do quick submits for that ceme
Page 79 of 105 < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 104 105 >