Admin Approval Queue
Updated 11-26-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Recently Shared Photos
Attempt for MyTor
Can the white blur be fixed/taken out?
New method of deer hunting.
Who's Online
7 registered (ExPatYankee, Russell808, David Sifford, Merrileem, JayGeeVanAre, Deborah-PaloAlto, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 20 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: People Who Ask for Money on Street by wa6odb @ 11/22/14 09:25 PM

I remember being at Amsterdam, in the early 90's. I was loitering at the train station, just observing everything when a man walked right up to me. He had open sores on his face and hands and announced he had Aids and he would spit at me unless I g
General: Help with Find A Grave
Use the edit e-mail address and ask for a merge.
Jump to new posts Re: dead gravers memorials by KenG @ 11/22/14 09:20 PM

Just send an e-mail with the bio to the Edit e-mail address. Do include a link to the memorial and a link to your member page so you will be credited for the bio. It will not be changed without the first link and perhaps not without the second.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Scary Cemetery Experience today by Bailey4d4 @ 11/22/14 09:16 PM

Just get an air horn. The more noise you make the less attractive you are to animals and humans. It's also safer for you and your kids. I'd hate to have to place flowers on a memorial for you.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: People Who Ask for Money on Street by cwbyht @ 11/22/14 09:15 PM

I live in a town of less then 10,000. We have no panhandlers to speak of, but every once in awhile someone passing through will be seen outside Walmart holding a sign asking for money. Our local police will give them the directions to the local shel
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 'Do Nothing' Republicans Threaten Another Shutdown by JayGeeVanAre @ 11/22/14 09:12 PM

If in fact you are concerned about the enforcement of gun laws you will want to look into the NRA's electoral influance
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: People Who Ask for Money on Street by Bailey4d4 @ 11/22/14 09:10 PM

Had a guy offer me a hit off of his joint for $5 the other day. I said no thanks. How about $3? No thanks How about you give me some change and you don't have to take a hit? How about you get out of my way before I hit you? (I was holding my Bet
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Scary Cemetery Experience today by wa6odb @ 11/22/14 09:09 PM

Going to visit a cemetery should not prompt you to go in armed. I've never heard of using hornet spray as a defensive measure, that's crazy. If you sprayed at someone and didn't put them down with a direct shot to the face, they would be coming a
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Be careful who you by deniseA @ 11/22/14 09:08 PM

I've also had memorials deleted after I sent edits (parent/spouse links, dates, etc). I learned that if you send new style updates and the memorial is deleted so are those edits (which makes sense). I only found this out because I also sent bio updat
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: People Who Ask for Money on Street by RosalieAnn @ 11/22/14 09:07 PM

That has not been my experience.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: People Who Ask for Money on Street by wa6odb @ 11/22/14 08:54 PM

I remember being in Milan, Italy, back in 2007. At the main metro station was an old man begging for money, sitting around the telephones. This civilian man started yelling at him to go, like, you can see he would have kicked him out physically. T
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 'Do Nothing' Republicans Threaten Another Shutdown by JayGeeVanAre @ 11/22/14 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: furham<sinpped> What happens when the next president ... reverses his new executive order. You almost answered your own question. The next president could reverse this order. What would be the harm there from your stan
Jump to new posts Re: possessive people? by MaryAndrea @ 11/22/14 08:42 PM

I'll often transfer memorials, but I do look at the person requesting the transfer first. If s/he has created hundreds of "burial unknown" memorials, that tells me they are not "getting" the purpose of the site, and I will refuse
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 'Do Nothing' Republicans Threaten Another Shutdown by BeardedWierdo @ 11/22/14 08:37 PM

Oooo ... straw man!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Stress Relieving funny stuff WANTED! by TeriS @ 11/22/14 08:37 PM

Theme from "Alien" It cracks me up every time. <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cNeEiaUoc
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: 'Do Nothing' Republicans Threaten Another Shutdown by JayGeeVanAre @ 11/22/14 08:37 PM

My I am wondering why with this president it suddenly becomes alarming when previous presidents have done executive orders without Henny Penny routine. If people would have been more concerned when the last president did it, this president may well h
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by Zorro @ 11/22/14 08:30 PM

I've been traipsing around on Facebook, and saw this post from my friend, Megan. She's the daughter of my friend who lives in Egypt that y'all have heard so much about. Megan and her husband are adopting a little boy from China, and as mentioned in t
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Up to 90 inches of snow... by eesmith60 @ 11/22/14 08:24 PM

I'm glad she was saved. It makes it even more tragic to think about anyone else who died being trapped like that.
The Lounge
Originally Posted By: JayGeeVanAreOriginally Posted By: furhamYou're right if he circumvents congress. What happens when the next president decides not to enforce gun laws or reverses his new executive order. What about the last president? All of
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Up to 90 inches of snow... by palebluedot @ 11/22/14 08:14 PM

Great little rescue story here: Engulfed in snow, stranded motorist ‘felt like I was underground, buried in a casket’ Woman made tunnel to clear her tailpipe, waved a snow brush to attract attention, wrote farewell letters to her daughters. Rescued
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Awkward Silences by rottenralf @ 11/22/14 08:13 PM

Or start throwing Reese's Pieces at them and yell at them to phone home.
Jump to new posts Re: possessive people? by Desertthorn @ 11/22/14 08:11 PM

Hi JKaye, I hope you don't go back to lurking Its a genealogy site, its owned by the largest genealogy site on the web, Ancestry, and if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, you can be pretty sure it's a duck. LOL.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: After several months... by BeardedWierdo @ 11/22/14 08:09 PM

Good job!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Awkward Silences by ASSASSINBUG @ 11/22/14 08:06 PM

You could always shout nonsensical words now and then, like "bailterspace" or "mapstation". You could also start staring at imaginary things in the room and carry on conversations with them, or go into a Tourettes Syndrome mode an
Jump to new posts middle name or maiden name? by kej @ 11/22/14 08:04 PM

If I have a stone with a surname for the middle name of a woman, should I assume it is her maiden name or should I just put it as middle name? If there is a male of the last surname next door I assume the middle is her maiden name. Or, the one I'm l
Page 71 of 95 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 94 95 >