Known Issues - Main Site
Updated 04-13-2014
Find A Grave Links
Pending Admin Approval
Updated 04-23-2014
Find A Grave Toolbox
Who's Online
19 registered (eesmith60, greyfox, headstonelvr11, Elizabeth11, KenG, HelplessDancer, 6 invisible), 45 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recently Shared Photos
Easter Orbs
Curious sign
Interesting / unusual monument
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Dying Eggs? by Little Pretty @ 04/19/14 05:22 PM

Originally Posted By: eesmith60 Flickr - These are the most gorgeous eggs I've ever seen Wow, someone is a lot more artistic that I am!!
The Lounge
I've never heard or seen the term record chopper before.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: How to feel old by lindaloo @ 04/19/14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Russell808Originally Posted By: Driver1928There was another nifty model that if you pressed the right keys (multiplication?) and pulled that handle, it chunked along for a good while and then printed out the answer. You ain't s
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Cutest little record chopper that I ever did see by Little Pretty @ 04/19/14 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: lindalooThat is so cute! I would have killed for one like that when I was a kid!
The Lounge
That is so cute!
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Suggestions on dogs by lindaloo @ 04/19/14 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: scgirlOriginally Posted By: lindaloo We have 2 Australian Cattle dog mixes and Banjo is pretty laid back and doesn't bark much. Foxy, on the other hand, is very hyper and barks (well actually, chirps, squeals, etc) a lot. I susp
The Lounge
Spring (1) Easter-1 (5) Bunny-2 (10) Bunny-3 (5) Egg Hunt (3) Ea(ster) Gift (1) Hopeful (1) Lent (1) flowered
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by Little Pretty @ 04/19/14 04:53 PM

EE - they are just starting to explore.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Adventures in Dining by Donald Newcomb @ 04/19/14 04:52 PM

Most recent adventure was crawfish pie at Café des Amis in Breaux Bridge. Their white chocolate bread pudding is to die for.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by oscarwilde @ 04/19/14 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Little PrettyThought I'd add a picture of the babies, they are growing so fast! [/URL] omg! they are so cute! I sure have gotten my "cat fix" on this page today! 7 cute kitties
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I can even get in trouble just by Russell808 @ 04/19/14 04:44 PM

Originally Posted By: bethhooOh my God! You mean people will steal your family and claim them as their own? In the insatiable drive to connect the dots, some people will connect dots that shouldn't be connected. It takes time before they realize tha
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Dates after 2015 by Russell808 @ 04/19/14 04:39 PM

I wonder of some people are using strange years as a "flag" to find people later. (Perhaps for follow-up research or something.) I'm not saying it's right, but it could result in them getting a number of SACs in a short period.
General: Help with Find A Grave
Jump to new posts Weird Family Links on Memorials by CarmasKid @ 04/19/14 04:31 PM

I have run across many memorials in which the name of the person identified in the memorial shows up as a non-working sibling link on the page. My father's memorial is an example. The link to his memorial is: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by eesmith60 @ 04/19/14 04:27 PM

They are adorable. Are they getting into everything? lol
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: I can even get in trouble just by bethhoo @ 04/19/14 04:27 PM

Oh my God! You mean people will steal your family and claim them as their own? This just blows my mind. Makes me want to go to Ancestry and remove all my trees. I will certainly change my security level. I didn't think anyone would care about dead pe
Jump to new posts Re: Obit question by Greentuckian @ 04/19/14 04:26 PM

Hallie, I agree with you. I wouldn't add information like that to a memorial, either. I thank everyone for their help with the questions about obits. I try to make decisions about what should be added based on what I would want on my own close famil
Jump to new posts Re: Alternate name spellings by kahill1918 @ 04/19/14 04:24 PM

Nothing written in the bio section will come up during searching. I know others won't agree with me but this kind of situation calls for allowing taking into consideration mitigating factors when creating dupes. In the "dupe" memorial I
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Sending myself to the corner by Little Pretty @ 04/19/14 04:22 PM

That is so cute!
Jump to new posts Re: What would you do??? by Harriett @ 04/19/14 04:20 PM

If I determined that the 2.5 page bio wasn't lifted from Google or somewhere else, I'd probably transfer it to her/him and let her/him do as she/he wished.
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: .2014 by Little Pretty @ 04/19/14 04:18 PM

Thought I'd add a picture of the babies, they are growing so fast! [/URL]
Jump to new posts Re: Better Photo Of Church by kahill1918 @ 04/19/14 04:16 PM

If the photo part gets crowded, FAG will delete the "worst" photo. So FAG will delete the other photo and post yours if they deem it to be the better photo.
Jump to new posts Re: Obit question by JKS60 @ 04/19/14 04:15 PM

I have added a note at the end of a bio section that I felt what was there was plenty, in case the person who wanted me to add a whole entry from a historical journal appealed my denial. I feel very strongly that bio sections are OPTIONAL, and try t
The Lounge
Jump to new posts Re: Dates after 2015 by Bailey4d4 @ 04/19/14 04:14 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
Jump to new posts Re: Obit question by Harriett @ 04/19/14 04:13 PM

All that needs to be said is that his mother murdered him. If someone is interested in the details they can look it up.
Jump to new posts Re: Is there some way to be notified of posted pics? by kahill1918 @ 04/19/14 04:08 PM

Whenever I post a photo for a memorial already there done by another and there is info on the stone not yet on the memorial page, I send a SAC advising of the new info. Not all bother to do this though, and there is nothing we can do about this.
Page 71 of 107 < 1 2 ... 69 70 71 72 73 ... 106 107 >